Grandma's Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
I used to get so excited to go to my grandparent’s house for the holidays because I could already taste all the amazing food that was sure to be waiting! However, while I loved everything, I have to admit, I did have an all-time favorite…
My Grandma’s Pumpkin Cookies were oh-so-flavorful and had a soft, cake-like texture -- and I could never eat just one!
As a mother, I feel blessed to carry on the family recipe and recreate these precious moments from my past with my daughter!
And now you!
BONUS: They are so easy to make and you can get all the ingredients at your local Trader Joe’s.
PUMPKIN COOKIE INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
10 tbsp (140g) unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup (160g) granulated sugar
½ cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (243g) canned pumpkin
PUMPKIN COOKIE ASSEMBLY
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Mix in egg, then blend in pumpkin and vanilla. Add in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough out and drop onto baking sheet, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes.